|These rules safeguard the interests of all library users and enable the library to function as efficiently as possible. Your use of the library is, therefore, conditional upon your observing the rules at all times.
- Books must not be defaced or marked in any way.
- Damage to or loss of library materials will be charged at the current replacement cost plus a non-refundable charge.
- Library items should not be reshelved by users in the Reference Room.
- Books and other materials left unattended for long periods on the table will be removed by the library staff.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed in the Library. This policy was developed to prevent damage to library books and materials from food stains and spills, to keep reading rooms pleasant and clean, and to discourage mice, rats, and other vermin from taking up residence in the libraries.
- Quiet is required in the Library. Mobile phones and personal stereos should not be used in the library. Users are requested to switch off their cell phones when entering the Library. Users causing unnecessary disturbance, such as loud talking, screaming, or banging on computer keyboards will be asked to leave.
- No bags, umbrellas, parcels, etc. except files and books may be brought into the Library. Adequate storage facility is provided at the entrance of the Library.
- Soliciting or conducting surveys not authorized by the Library is not allowed.
- Damaging, altering, or inappropriate use of library property in library facilities or on library grounds, including computer hardware and software, printers, copiers, phones, and other equipment, is prohibited.
- The Library staff has the right to request a user to leave the premise if the user violates the rules.